Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 18, 2011

Family,

It sounds like you've had a really busy weekend. Those reunions sound like a good time. I'm sorry dad that you've been sick.. that really stinks.. I hate being sick especially as a missionary.. because you feel so useless.. and like you're wasting precious time.
I've haven't been feeling completely up to par lately... but I've been trucking through it.. and I KNOW that because I went out and worked even though I wasn't feeling good... the Lord blessed us with us reaching our goals for the week..
I honestly didn't think we'd be able to meet those goals but we made them because we went out and worked when neither of us felt the best and even when it was RIDICULOUSLY hot outside...

So yes we are teaching a few of those new potentials.. that we ran into this past week.. one is a part member family. The only problem with teaching them is that... the nonmember wife.. talks more than ANYONE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!! I left there so frustrated because she would go off on tangents that were... honestly stupid..
At the end of the lesson I asked her to pray right there in front of us and to ask God in her pray if what we've taught her was true.. and she went off for TWENTY minutes about how she met her first husbands mistress after knowing who she was while at a gas station were she was working selling samples to a new candy bar.. and how she knows that the Lord was involved with them meeting each other... I told her that that was wonderful that she was able to overcome any angry feelings towards the other woman but what important was that she asked God if what we taught about Joseph Smith and God calling Prophets again on the earth and the Book of Mormon was true.. .
it was a LONG lesson.

So yeah.. things have been going pretty good... strange but good.
We've started teaching more people, which is good because after Anselmo's Baptism we're down one person to prepare for baptism.
The baptism went GREAT by the way.. it was one of the best baptisms of my mission.. the Spirit was very strong and the ward was very involved.
One of the speakers was from the Spanish Speaking Branch here because Anselmo's mother doesn't speak much English.. Even though I didn't understand what was being said, I felt the Spirit. It was amazing.
This is a picture of Anselmo and his baptism.. He's pretty good sized for being 14, huh?

This is a picture of Kris Taylor and his family at his baptism.


I cannot believe that today is my mark of 20 months as a missionary.
It has really flown by... I don't want to waste any of the time I've got left. I am loving it even though its the hardest thing I've ever done... I love it. and I'm loving the person I've become.

Thank you for all your love support and prayers. they help a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment