Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My boy is doing wonderful.


Sept 20.
Family,

So things here have been going very well. We're still trying to find some more people to teach and luckily we've got an appointment later today that will help. It'll be our first lesson with a lady and her granddaughter that we met last week.. So I am excited about that.

We had a Zone Conference last friday and it was really good. I enjoyed it very much. It was, sadly, my last one.

So yeah things have been pretty fun chucking hay bales.. and what not. Its been a good experience.
We've been doing a lot of service lately. We will be moving furniture, painting houses, moving wood.. and everything in between.

I taught the Gospel Principles class on Sunday this week. Can I just tell you how much I LOVE doing that! I absolutely love teaching that class. The lesson was on Developing our Talents. It was a topic I'm not accustomed to teaching as a missionary but it ended up being a good message. We even had a couple of nonmember as well as less actives in the class that day. It was good.
I even had several people come up to me and say how much they enjoyed the lesson.. and that I was a good teacher.. I sure hope so.. I just try my best.

Well.. I'm sorry I don't have much to say this week.. just still trucking on.

Oh next Sunday a recent convert, he was baptized in April, has asked that I stand in the circle when he receives the Melchezidek Priesthood at the Stake General Priesthood meeting.I am pretty excited about that. He's a good guy. And he was also just called to be our Assistant Ward Mission Leader.

I love you all very much.
Take Care!

Your son and brother,
--
-Elder Cameron Landon

Sept. 27
Dear Family,

Well.. this past week was an interesting one. We did a lot of good things..
We did about 12-15 hours of service.
We of course worked at the Ranch with Jeff moving hay bales and cleaning stalls. But we also helped several people either cut or move firewood, we helped replace the skirting around a trailer home.. but when we removed one section of the skirting we noticed that the pipe that was attached to the septic line wasn't connected exactly right the angle was off and as such there was sewage soaked into the ground and small puddle.. so we covered the puddle with enough dirt that we could actually work on the pipe and made some cuts and fixed the "poop-pipe" as it came to be known by.. so that was a messy job... it was a long week.
And besides it being a long week.. Satan was trying very hard to get me discouraged... I am really surprised at how much he really doesn't want this work to come about.. or blind me to the work that has already been done. Like forget about the amazing events that happened this past weekend.

The other thing that was pretty special and I was very thankful to have taken part in was: There is a man that was baptized in Cedaredge back in April and he has been great at helping us teach people.. and going with us to lessons and whatnot. He was even called as our Assistant Ward Mission Leader. Anyways... In the Montrose, CO stake (which we're apart of here) had their Stake Priesthood Meeting and he received the Melchezidek Priesthood.
That was a neat experience.. While we were in the High council room the High councilor asked him who else he wanted to stand in the circle, he pointed to me and asked if I'd come in. He gave me a big hug after it was through.
On our way back to the car, (Montrose is about an hour drive away from Cedaredge) I walked up to him and shook his hand again and said "Its reasons like this that I'm a missionary." and he started crying..

But its true.. this past week has had some amazing events that make me realize that what I am doing is right and that Satan cannot bring me down.. I know these people will be blessed being apart of the True Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that.

Things have been going very well.. I am very excited for General Conference this weekend and a chance to know what the Lord needs ME to work on and how I can continue helping other come unto Christ through Christ, His Atonement, and the restored Gospel. Its going to be good. Can't wait.

Please give everyone my love and tell them I miss them.
I love you.
Talk to you soon.
Your son and brother,
--
-Elder Cameron Landon

October 4
Dear Family,

I loved General Conference this past weekend. It was nice to know that Heavenly Father knows ME.. and my family. I can remember several talks that I know were inspired because of me and my life as well as the lives of my family and investigators. It was great I loved it.

Elder Cook was pretty dang excited when Pres. Monson announced there being a Temple built in Wyoming. All of the Temples announced I thought were pretty excited. A second one in Provo, Paris, France! that's really exciting.

Things have been going pretty good. I am very excited for the weather to start cooling down. October is my Favorite month of the year. I love the colors and everything. The colors of the Grand Mesa in the background and all the trees changing here make Cedaredge a beautiful place to serve. I love it.

We are still trucking along and trying to get our investigators to make and keep those commitments that I know will help them come closer to Christ. But sometimes..they just don't get it! Its frustrating sometimes.. if only they knew! But that's what I am trying to do to help them come unto Christ.

Well.. sorry but I've got to go we have an appointment soon.
I love you all so very much. Please know you are always in my prayers.
Your son and brother,
- Show quoted text -

No comments:

Post a Comment