Tuesday, November 15, 2011

More letters....

Nov. 7
Family,
Well, things are going pretty good.
This past weekend was the Montrose Stake's Stake Conference. And they got a new stake Presidency, and as such there were two General Authorities there. Elder Gaveret from Uraguay, and Elder Hillyard from Denver. Elder Gaveret is in the first Quorum of the Seventy and Elder Hillyard is from the sixth Quorum of the Seventy.
It was a good conference. Before the actual Conference they held a special meeting for Investigators close to baptism, recent converts, and members returning to activity. It was good.. and we had a chance to meet the General Authorities. It was neat.

Things with our investigators are doing pretty good.. they all enjoy us coming by and enjoy the lessons.. most of them really want something more in life and know that what we have to share will bring it but they all have a difficult time committing to it and doing the things it takes to grow and increase their faith.
So I am still hoping and praying that I can have one more baptism before I come home. And with the way things are looking that may not happen. But I am fine with it if it doesn't. Its the Lord's will not mine.
And I've noticed that's happened a lot to me. A lot of people I've taught were baptized after I've left... and that's fine.. other missionaries can have that. As long as I know that I had a part of their teaching and learning of the gospel. That's good enough for me!

So these next few weeks I am just going to try and completely wear myself out so I can feel more accomplished when I am on the train and the plane home. I am really looking forward to that time..
I hope that they don't go by too slow or anything.. we'll see...

Well.. I love you all very much and can't wait to see you.
Please take care of yourselves, and don't do more than you should.

I love you.

Your son and brother,

--Elder Cameron Landon


Nov. 14
Family,

I saw the picture of the baby.. that's funny.. she's already a photogenic little thing! Haha. I guess you're happy because that means it'll make family pictures a little easier won't it? haha

So we had an awesome lesson this week with Ken Kline.
We were talking with him about how his fasting went for him being able to come to church and for the day he needed to be baptized.
He told us that he was sitting out of his front porch, where he likes to feed and watch birds, while he was thinking about when and if he still should be baptized. He was thinking about how we read the story of when Christ was baptized and how the Holy Ghost descended in the form of a dove. That reminded him that the dove was his mother's favorite bird, and that she passed away on December 24. He's told us before that being with his mother while she passed was one of the most spiritual experiences of his life. And as he is thinking of the dove at Christ's baptism, his own future baptism, and his mother's passing, he looks over and sees a dove sitting on the rail of his porch. And he feels that the dove, or the Spirit told him that he needs to be baptized on the day his mother passed away. So Ken Kline is being baptized on Christmas Eve.

Now for the difficult part.. He wants me to be there. So.. I don't know how I feel about it and I don't know how you feel about it.. but there is a chance I may be away from home on Christmas again this year.. I wanted to talk to you about that.
What are you thoughts on the situation? Should I come, by myself? Is there a way we can all come as a family and possibly have Christmas early, or later, even? I know that there are several families that are willing to let us stay with them and everything.. the Bishop said to just let him know when I talk to you about it...
Any ideas?

Also I got an email from President Maynes today.. and this is what he said.

Elder Landon,
Your ward mission leader told me you are one of the best missionaries he has ever seen. That is a great compliment! I feel the same.
Your fellow servant and friend,
Pres. Maynes

Well.. we actuallly have a lot of people progressing.. I know that I won't be able to see all of them be baptized.. but that's okay with me. I'll just call them and send them a letter/Christmas card, telling them how much I wish I could be there. I'm sure they will understand. I know that it was going to be a tough ordeal to work out but we've still got time to figure it out.

I am very excited to show you all the beautiful places of Colorado.
It is very pretty. I think that my favorite/ the most beautiful place is called Glenwood Springs Canyon. The Interstate I-70 that goes from Grand Junction to Denver drives through it. I am excited to show you. It is beautiful.

So I'm sorry but I've got to go now.. we've got people to teach and things to do.
I love you so very much..

Next week is my last week to email. So it'll be the last time. I hope that i'll be able to talk to you again like this. ..I imagine that I will.
But I love you very much..and can't wait to see you... I'm trying as very hard to not count the days. all I know is that its close.. and sometimes I think its too close.
But that's part of life and especially part of going on a mission.. you've got to go home sometime.

I'll talk to you next week!

Tell everyone I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment