Thursday, June 24, 2010

So very cool....

Cameron's zone went to do their interviews with the President at a place called Rifle Falls.

Cam and the Mission President and his wife.


Going into a cave, maybe not a good idea when you are claustrophobic


Family,
We had a cool experience the other day.. last friday I think. Yeah, we were in Dixion, WY (part of the Baggs Branch) and we were teaching one of our investigators. His name is Irving Guzman, he's 19 Hispanic, and when he's not busy with his landscaping business he's riding bulls at the local rodeos. When I first met Irving I knew he would make a great missionary, he loves talking about God and learning about God and he is very sincere. Anyways.. he mentioned once that he wanted his mother to join us for the discussions. Marie, his mother, speaks English but its broken and she doesn't understand a few of the things we say but Irving translates for us. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and Irving took to it like a Fish to water. He really liked the fact that we're here on earth becasue we chose Christ's Plan and that he's not really "learning" new things so much as "remembering" things and truths he's already known. It was a great lesson and they were both touched. As we were leaving, Marie asked us for a blessing... BIG shock to both us and the Branch President who came with us to the lesson. Apparently she has a heart murmur and it causes her to worry about EVERYTHING ALL the time. It also causes anxiety and panic attacks. So we explained blessings and how they are done and what-not. Then another surprise, at least to me, she asked me to give the blessing.. Here is a lady who I've only met once before and she was asking ME to give her a blessing. So President McConahay performed the anointing and I sealed the anointing. I know where the words came from but I wasn't the one speaking.
After the blessing Marie, Irving, and President McConahay were in tears and my chest was on fire because of the Spirit that was felt there.
I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father sees me worthy enough to have the ability to give blessings to those that need or ask for them. I am also so glad that I am able to be used as an Instrument in His hands to serve other people. It was a great experience.
Well,.. I love you all and thank you for everything you've done and are doing for me. It means so much.

Your son,
Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment