Thursday, November 18, 2010

Finally,,,,, transfered.

Dear Family,

Yes, I cannot believe either that it has been one year tomorrow. I'll be home in no time though.

First off... Starting next week our P-days will now be on Mondays. So that is when I will email you and get you my new address. Because I'm being Transferred! Which is sad and exciting and scary and nerve-wrecking all at once.
Yes, we got our transfer call last night at about 10:20. Elder Vave will continue to serve here in Craig and Baggs. I will be leaving. We've got to be in Rifle by 10:45 in the morning to get on the "Transfer Train" which is just a caravan of several cars, a truck and trailer, and now a 15 passenger van, All loaded with missionaries, their luggage and bikes. So that's excitin'
So last night I started packing and getting things ready and then at about 11 o'clock I was getting tired so I went to bed. Well... we forgot to set our alarm this morning... luckily the MISSION PRESIDENT CALLED US!... Talk about a scary wake up call! I thought he SOME HOW KNEW!.. It wasn't terribly late it was 7:15 when he called... so about forty-five minutes late.
SO I answered the phone and he asked me something I was dreading.
"Elder Landon, because of your good service in Craig I would like to ask to serve as a .... Zone Leader. Can you do that for me?"
I hesitantly said yes.
So from a normal missionary one transfer to a district leader the next, and now a Zone Leader... I don't know if I'm cut out for this. But apparently he and some up higher (points to the ceiling) thinks I can. And their confidence in me is a little reassuring... but not much.. I so nervous...

So that limits the areas I serve in, the companions I could have. And through calling around I've found out there are only three or four places I could go.. Montrose, CO... (that's still "out west") or... Denver. I hope and pray I'm not down town Denver... I DON'T want to go there. AT ALL.


Steven's baptism went great! There were a lot of people there. There were almost more less-active members and non-members then actual members of the branch there. They were all Steven's friends. It was great.
His wife saied something to a member who then told us... Well first off Steven had to quit chewing before he could be baptized and we asked his wife, Jennifer if she wanted to quit smoking along with him. She was kinda on the fence about the whole thing, not only quiting smoking but being baptized, so we left her alone about it and focused more on Steven. Then what she told a member was "Well, when I get ready to be baptized myself at least I won't have to worry about having to quit smoking."
That's so exciting because one she quit! and two she's thinking about being baptized! I am so excited for this family I only wish I could be there when the rest of the family gets baptized.


Well, I love you all very much but I have to run around town all day taking care of things and saying good-bye before I have to finish packing. I miss you all very much and I've only got one more year left.. I'll be home in no time. ;) OH! one more thing about P-days being on Mondays now. Tansfers are always the day after P-day so they are now on Tuesdays. which means I will either be coming home a few days earlier or a few days later. So either Nov. 30 or Dec. 7. But it determines on when this next transfer is. But I'll let you know.

I love you. Thanks and take care.

--
-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment