Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Moroni 8:3
I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end.

Dear Family,
It sounds like you had a fun time in Utah. And that you were still able to do some missionary work as well. That's great.

When you were telling me about dad talking with those men and I was able to look at those pictures it really made me proud that I have the father that I do.
Dad, Thank you so much for being such an amazing example of how a father really should be. You've been so great and willing to sacrifice so much of your life for us and I want to thank you and tell you that I love you and am so lucky to have you as my dad and father.

I wish I could have been there to go through Temple Square. I think now if I did that I would have a greater appreciation for all of the history and everything there. I can't wait to go back. In fact there is a couple here that was baptized a year ago and they are going through the temple the first week of March. Well, I've become really close to them and they invited me and Elder Larsen to go through with them. I am very excited. They also want to plan something when I get home to meet them at Temple Square to walk around and see everything because they've never been. I think that would be so much fun.

President Maynes, this past Sunday came to both of or ward's Ward Council Meetings to train them again on the Ward Mission 15 Names Process.. and to help motivate them to use us more and invite their friends. President said that our two wards are the wards he is worried most about in our Zone because the wards aren't using that process.. and the work isnt' going that well there.. he's even told the stake president "I've got my best two missionaries there and I don't want to waste their talent.. If you don't use them I will put them somewhere where the wards will use them." I was really honored that he'd say that about us. It felt like I am doing something right.
The wards had a good response although. One Bishop, who is a very funny guy by the way, was conducting sacrament meeting and during his announcements he asked "where are the missionaries?" it surprised me.. but we stood up. He said for those of you that don't know these are two great missionaries! get to know them and invite your friends to listen to them. It was funny.
I love you and miss you very much but I am so excited to be here teaching. I love when I get the chance to teach.. it makes me so much more happy... I'm not a huge fan of the whole "finding people" but I love teaching. It makes me feel like I'm doing something worth it. So if you could pray that we find more people to teach I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Please take care and be safe. I love you!
Your son and brother!
Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment