Friday, March 11, 2011

Family,

Last Saturday was a CRAZY busy day. We had a baptismal interview at 9 in the morning and I was able to interview him for his baptism... it was funny because I asked him if he'd feel comfortable with sharing his testimony with me... but he said he wasn't ready for that... but then I asked him to share with me the things he has come to know are true and that have blessed his life... so he preceeds (without knowing) to bear his testimony to me.. it was great. I then told him that he shouldn't worry because whether he knows (or even likes) it or not he's got a testimony. He was surprised.. It was a pretty spiritual thing.
Then after that we went and helped a family move into the ward.. we did that for about two hours... that was nice. I love doing something like that where I can see the progress happening before me.
Then we had a lunch appointment with the Jardine's (bro. Jardine's brother is Jeff Jardine) It was fun.. they heard that I like singing and Elder Larsen ratted out that I know how to play one song on the piano... so they asked me to play for them.. So I played Nearer My God To Thee. It was pretty nice.. they have a very nice house and an equally nice piano.
Then we rushed over to the Temple to see the Shannon's be sealed... that was the first sealing I've ever been to. And with it being one where their adopted daughters were sealed to them after they were sealed together was amazing. The spirit was so very strong... I could not believe it.
There was something that Elder Englund said that jumped out to me while I was in there... apparenty a General Authority said that "The two times in your life where you'll feel the Spirit the strongest are your baptism and when you are sealed."
The missionaries who baptized the Shannon's over a year ago where both able to come down from Alberta Canada. And they were BY FAR the most emotional people there. It was amazing. And I couldn't help but think of the families I've taught and gotten to know. The Clarks, Trent and Carry Hill, The McGruders, Everyone... and I cannot wait until I get to see them being sealed for time and all eternity. It'll be the best day of my life.
Then after the sealing they had an open house where we were able to meet Bro. Shannon's family who are not members of the church. Then we went to our dinner appointment... and then we went to a baptism of an 11 year old girl... and we took our investigators... It went really well... I think they enjoyed it.

So ... that was our Saturday.. it was BUSY.. and I loved it.

Then on sunday we went to our early morning meetings with the stake and one of the wards. Went to sacrament, and then we went to a church called Mission Hills... Our investigators invited us to their church... and we went... it was WEIRD! they had a rock band and there were a ton of people with their hands in the air... and they passed around a collection plate and everything.. but the funny thing is this church is HUGE! and they have a STARBUCKS INSIDE THE CHURCH!!!!
They said that first time visitors got a coupon for a free Starbucks drink... but it was fast sunday.... so we didn't. ;)

I'll tell you more about that later.

Other than past Saturday things have been going alright... I'm getting pretty tired of this area... its hard work... we haven't found ANYONE new to teach and the ones we are teaching are pretty "wishy-washy" they aren't very solid... or relilable. .. But I'm trying my very best to do what I can. We're using the ward members even more.... and I agree with you. The members are truely essential when teaching people.

Transfers are two weeks from tomorrow...and we're moving into another member's house on that day too... so whether I stay or not I'll be getting a new address then... so I'll let you know.

Well... thank you so much for everything I love you all so very much and miss you just as much.
Moroni 8:3
take care
Your son and brother,
--
-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment