Monday, March 28, 2011


Family,

Well... I did get transferred. I am back in Grand Junction! And I am so excited! I am living in the same apartment I was last time... however I am covering a different ward. So my address is once again: 480 32 1/8 Rd. Clifton, CO 81520. My new Companion is Elder Sherman.. He's from Lebanon... Oregon. So NOT the country in the Middle East. He's a good guy and a hard worker. He isn't really liked by a whole lot of missionaries because he's a little strange but I really like him and we get along really well.. I think we'll do great together.
I love my new area.. it covers parts of Clifton, Palisade and the all the "mountain towns" between Palisade and Collbran. I really like it because we a doing a lot of teaching, which makes me feel less homesick, less stressed, less irritated with my companion(whoever he maybe). I love teaching. One bad thing about the Clifton and Palisade area of Grand Junction is that ... it is basically the "ash-tray" of the state. EVERYONE here smokes... every night I come home smelling like smoke... however luckily the missionary I replaced(which happens to be Elder Plunkett, the one that was in Craig almost the whole time I was there) left behind some Frebreeze which I just spray my clothes down with until I can get them to a dry cleaners, or just wash them.
Speaking of suits.. I would love to send you those pants but they are to my suits and I need them a few times a week when we have the meetings that I am supposed to wear them too... so I don't know how that'll work out. However I think I've thought of a solution... Sister Hamilton ... she's in the 6th ward who Elder Englund and I became very close with lives right around the corner from me and would be more than willing to help me out with that... I'll ask her tomorrow when we have lunch with her. But I'll keep you updated. Thanks.

Being so close to the BYU games really hasn't had much effect on the missionary work the only ones who really talk about it are a few missionaries and the members... no one on the streets has said anything to me about it.

My health is doing fine... I haven't had any headaches in a while which is good.. and my retainer is still intact and fine. I am also doing fine with garments and yes I am gaining weight ... but not much I am between 145-150 now.. so between 25-30 pounds gained in 16 months... pretty good.

I am doing great loving my new area and everything right now.

Thanks for everything and I love you all very much. Please take care and know I miss you all.

Your son and brother,
--
-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment