Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Family,

I loved General Conference. It was very up lifting. I think I enjoyed the Saturday Sessions more than the Sunday but they were still good. Yes, we did watch it at the Stake Center with all the Missionaries in the Zone. Between the two sessions on Sat. we went as a Zone to a Chinese Buffet and ate lunch. It was fun. I loved the Priesthood Session. It was very inspiring.
Also between the two Sunday sessions there was a lady in the Stake who wanted to feed all the missionaries because she knew we would be wasting miles driving all the way back to our areas and then back to the stake center so she had us over for lunch. For the Sunday afternoon session, we watched it with an investigator at his house. He seemed to really enjoy it. He'll be baptized pretty soon I am sure of it. He's a little crazy but a good guy who really enjoys learning and wants to change somethings in his life.

You are very right, I do have great Parents. I couldn't have asked for better role models of the Gospel... I've really seen what not having the Gospel in ones life can do to you. And not only you but your family. So thank you for being such amazing examples of faithful service and gospel application.

Yes, I am, sadly, still a Zone Leader.. I am kinda tired of it... there is just too much stuff to worry about on top of trying to get some good work done. ... I really want to be released but I know that if I asked to be released that he'll think that I don't want to be obedient... which is not the case. I just want to focus on being a missionary and not having to worry about all the other stuff. We'll see what happens... I am going to do it because I know its to help me and because there are other missionaries that need my help in some way or another.
I am however enjoying Grand Junction. I love being here because the people are a lot more humble, and we're teaching a lot more. I am seeing a lot of old people... I saw Trent Hill.. he was the guy that Elder Englund and I started teaching, his wife is the YW president. He got baptized and he was at the Priesthood Session of Conference. He is an awesome member.

I really miss everyone at home too.. But what is exciting.. I get to talk to you all again in about a month. Mother's Day is coming up soon. I can't wait.

Well, we are of to get some shopping done and then playing soccer... which I am very excited about.. I miss playing soccer so much. I also miss singing in a choir too.. But soon... I'll live.

Things are going great here and I love you all and miss you very much. Thanks for everything!
Please take care.
Your son, brother and servant of the Lord,
--
-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment