Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Love these letters....
We got two letters from Cam this week. He forgot to mail last weeks letter.

Here is parts of letter #1

For the New Year Celebration, we got to stay up and played games. We played Monopoly and Phase 10 until 2 in the morning. I only stayed up because we got to sleep in. I slept until 9am. We played basketball, volleyball and kickball for several hours. We had several missionaries there. Also a recent convert from our ward was there, which was good.

We have another investigator. Her name is Angie she is 16 or 17. Her mom is a member, single and inactive. We're hoping to get Sharlene,(her mother) to church to set an example to her kids. Things are looking well with that. We taught them the first lesson today. I'm excited for this family.

Question..... Could you not send as much candy? (not that you do) but we have SO much candy in our apartment its insane. I've eaten so much it isn't funny.
That is one of my 'New Years Resolutions' or goals for 2010.
- Eat less candy / drink less soda
- Read the Book of Mormon 12 times (once a month)
- Have 15 to 20 baptisms (its possible)
- Gain 15 to 20 pounds.
Which brings me to my next thing. When we weighed myself before I left home, I weighed 120 lbs. I weighed myself last Wednesday and ... I have gained.......... 15 pounds. I weigh 135 pounds! I am so excited. This is the most I have ever weighed. Its weird that I'm this excited about it but oh well. With all the dinner appointments, me exercising and riding my bike have been good for me.

Second letter............

This week has been good. We've been working with less actives and part member families lately. And because of this we have one little girl with a baptism date, one who has had a date before working on coming to church to get another date and a 17 year old investigator wanting to know more.
It's been very good. I am very excited.
When we taught the 17 year old girl the Plan of Salvation (this is after we taught her the Restoration and she came to sacrament meeting) We talked for close to three hours. I felt bad after the lesson because I talked most of the time. But Elder Englund said it was fine and that "I was on fire" I hope so. I feel so good about this family.
Angie (the 17 year old) even had her friend come to the discussion, took notes and accepted to read the Book of Mormon and pray. I am SO THRILLED and can't wait to see them again tomorrow night.
We met tonight a family who has a girl on a former investigator list. She's been taught the lessons and once had a baptismal date. But with her mom's job, sickness in the family and missionary transfers the ball's been dropped.
Super nice family. Mother and older sister are members. Father isn't. The mother is Navajo and the father is Mexican. the oldest daughter is named Precious she is 19 and has a baby named Bella Sariah. The girl that once had a baptismal date, her name is Chastity. Her mom calls her Cookie. We need to get them to church.

As a mom, I couldn't be happier for him and what he is experiencing. We are so proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment