Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Email letter from my Elder Sonshine...
Hey,
I'm sorry to hear that things there are super cold and have a lot of snow. Yeah, you heard right it doesn't snow much here. In fact this year is the most snow they've had since 1919 I hear; still nothing like home. Its pretty chilly but I think that's because I'm on my bike.
Which reminds me... don't do it yet but I'm pretty sure that you'll need to give all my pants to Carson or Brady or to the DI because I've gained.... almost twenty pounds and my thighs have gotten a lot bigger and I think I've grown about an inch... (not quite sure on that last one but I think so) The blue jeans I have now are getting small... Elder Englund is the same way. But its okay, with our dinner appointment family we are going to Goodwill (a thrift store) to get more clothes. Also a lady in our ward is taking out a few of my slacks because they are getting a little tight and one pair the hem has come loose. Sister Hamilton is such a sweet and neat lady.
Transfers are coming up soon... they are on January 28. I'm not sure if I want to leave my area just yet because there is a lot of good things going on. I'll tell you about them in my snail mail letters because of my limited time on the computer.
But... yeah I've heard the peaches here are amazing and the best ever. I'm hoping to try some soon. Probably not until next fall or when ever they're ready but still... waiting with anticipation.
The mountain that your co-worker was talking about is the Grand Mesa. It is the world largest flat-top mountain. It is basically right outside our back window. There is also Mount Garfield. Which we are going to climb today once we're done here at the library. I can't wait.. I'll send pictures. It'll be fun.
I'm glad to hear that you have been sitting in on the lessons with Laurie. It nice to know that you get to feel what I'm doing and that you get to experience that right along with me. Its an amazing feeling. I love it.
In the memory card that I will send you, you'll see a picture of our refrigerator. We went grocery shopping the other day and... I mean serious grocery shopping... we were running out of everything. So we thought it was funny to see a "Missionary Fridge" to be as full as it was... so that's why we took a picture.
On Sunday in our Priesthood Executive Meeting before sacrament meeting where we and all the Priesthood auxiliary leaders meet to talk about... things.. I guess...
That's where E. Englund and I tell them who we've been working with, how everything's been going, and what they can do to help. We were told that the missionary work in this ward is the best its been in years. We were pretty honored and touched to hear that even though its not all us. It is by far mostly the Lord's work and His hand has been in a LOT of it. But we were still pretty excited to hear we've been doing a good job.
Things here have been going really well... we'll have one baptism this transfer, hopefully, and next transfer we could have 3 maybe four. That's why I'm hoping I'll be staying in this area next transfer. But its where the Lord needs me.
We'll I've got to go I'll talk to you later.

Love you
Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment