Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wednesday, January 20, 2010
News from Cam.
This is from a snail mail letter we got yesterday.

Hey! how is everyone doing? I've had a good past two days. Yesterday, our pday, we hiked Mt. Garfield. It was amazing. The first and last 1/4 miles were the hardest. they were pretty steep. But once we got to the top it was definitely worth it. I took about 200 pictures.
While we were on top we, the four of us living together, had a little devotional and each read one of our favorite scriptures. And had a few moments to ourselves to think and pray and what not. It was great. Also at the top there is a flag pole and a plaque for a scout that actually fell off the cliff. But when we got up there the flag pole had been knocked down. It had been cemented down but someone had some how pushed it over. So we lifted it back up and put some big rocks around the base to hold it up. We felt we should have done that. It was, as a whole, a great pday. Even though we were pretty muddy and we are now all pretty sore. It was very fun.

So one of the "unbaptized children" we talked to is getting baptized on Jan 23!!! We are so excited. My first baptism! He is 9 years old and his name is Gabriel Brooks but he goes by Gabby. Smart kid. We have come pretty close to this family. It is a single mother who has three kids and Gabby is the only one who hasn't' been baptized. She, the mother, has told us that she is very picky on who she lets in her home. She has to have a good feeling about them. The last missionaries that were there were two years ago. So we are glad that we are, in a way, an answer to her prayers. We might have even found her a job. She just graduated from Cosmetology school.We're happy and excited how that came about. Our dinner apt. is a hair dresser so we talked to him about it. We know it wasn't a coincidence.


This is from an email we got today.

Well... Saturday is my first baptism. His name is Gabriel Brooks. He is nine years old and is SO excited to be baptized. Gabby (that's what he likes to be called) is so smart and eager to learn. His family is really nice too. He's asked me to do the confirmation this Sunday.. I'm pretty excited, and nervous. I've never done this before but I'm not really that nervous.. it shouldn't be that hard to do.
I'm taking a lot of pictures. My first card is almost full. We hiked Mount Garfield last Wednesday. I took almost 150 pictures. It was amazing up there... I hope I can come back and go up during the summer when it isn't quite so muddy. The first 1/4 mile and the last 1/4 mile were the toughest. But I'm definitely glad we did it.. It was a good time. Very pretty. Maybe some day we could come back as a family and hike up it.. its only a two mile hike. Not too terrible.

Well I am off to bed. Love you! Thanks for the support and prayers. Moroni 8:3
Your son and brother,
Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment