Wednesday, March 31, 2010

More from Cam

Hey, Everyone!

I've been doing a lot better this past week.. and have actually grown to somewhat enjoy tracting.... I've gotten A LOT better at my "door approaches". Elder Hendrickson (who's been out a year) says that I am better than he is now... and... sadly I can kinda see it. I taught one lady basically the entire first lesson on the door step, it was great. Another lady we talked to for about an hour and I asked her "If there were a living prophet on the Earth today, who holds God's Authority, would you be willing to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by that same Authority?" She said yeah she would... she's so SOLID... I even invited her to confrenece this weekend to hear from the Prophet and she said she'd love to... I'm So excided.
So things have been going a lot better. I've had fun, too.

Things here in Craig are nice... its a coal mining town so not a whole lot of people are home during the day. But you do what you can with what you got. There are mountains and hills and desert-ish places up here. Craig is the Elk Hunting Capitol of the world... I've seen so many deer here in town its insane. Last night there were about a dozen in the tiny field/yard right outside our apartment door. One time when we came home from Baggs (when we go up there we stay the night so we can work longer) I counted... 22 dead deer and elk, on the side of the road. that's about two every mile... pretty gross and sad... anyways... I guess you didn't NEED to know that, just a tidbit of info... ;)
Its pretty country.... VERY dry, and apparently pretty cold but I got here just as it was warming up. In the winter here it gets to have about a week straight of 50 degrees below zero. That's pretty cold... they have three seasons here... winter, mud, and about 3 short weeks of summer. We're in the mud season... but I hear we'll be getting another blizzard either tonight or tomorrow. I talked to one lady and she said she can remember when she still had 10" of snow in June. Its kinda bad. But oh well...

We found out last... Saturday... that Elder Hendrickson and I are moving in with some members, the Jones'. We are moving in tomorrow... but I dont' have the address off the top of my head so I will get that to you ASAP.. .but don't worry .. you can still send things to the 833 Tucker St. address because the Craig 1st ward elders are moving into that apartment. and they'll give us what mail comes there.

I love you all so much, and thank you for all your prayers and support and everything.
Moroni 8:3

--
-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment