Thursday, July 22, 2010

Family,

Well, I am still alive... some what... I haven't been feeling that great the past few days... just a stomach bug I think. I'll be fine though... once I get out and working.
An update with Teresa. She is going to be baptized before Aug 13 because that is when one of her friends is leaving to go to Utah. I am really excited for her... Last friday there was a baptism in Baggs for an eight year-old girl and Teresa came all the way up for that... she said it was really touched... especially the Confirmation.. she said it "gave her the chills". Then the next morning she called and asked..."Well, you know how you always ask if there is anything you can do for us? Well, this is actually Macie asking but (Macie is her ten year old daughter) she would like to know if you would be willing to come and help paint her room." So we did... and it is VERY pink. But I am glad we were able to help. We think we might start teaching Macie the lessons because after the baptism in Baggs and after we left she apparently asked a ton of different questions about baptism like when it was going to be her turn and stuff... so that is very exciting.

The same morning that Teresa called and asked for our help we got a call from the second counselor in the Craig 2nd ward bishopric. He asked up to speak in church on sunday about Misssionary Work and the Atonement. So we did... E. Wilson spoke on Missionary Work and I did the Atonement. That is the best talk I have ever given and I love speaking in church now... Its great! So we spoke two weeks in a row... once in Baggs and once in 2nd Ward... so if we get nabbed for 3rd ward I wouldn't really be surprised.

We went to the jail this morning but neither George or Dustin were there. Dustin is a friend of George's and has been coming to the lessons for the past three weeks. But George is in Grand Junction for the week to go to court for his sentencing, this will let us know how long he'll be in jail and if he'll get transferred. We asked if we could see Dustin this morning but they had said he left this morning at 5 am. So we're not sure if he's been transferred or if he's been released. But Dustin is great, George is too but Dustin told us last week that he's been a Baptist his whole life and meeting with us he sees our happiness and wants that in his life... and that he's never felt that in his church ever. That's pretty cool... so once they get out, hopefully they'll continue on with this and fallow through and both be baptized.

I hit my 8 Month mark last sunday... CRAZY... its going by pretty quick.. I can't wait for the next 16 months... they'll be great.

We have Zone Confrence in Grand Junction on Friday... so that's about 2 1/2 - 3 hours aways... and it uses up most of our weekly mile alottment for our car so this week we'll be walking a LOT. But I always LOVE Zone Confrence, and this will be President Maynes first one, so that's exciting. This is Elder Englund's last transfer... he's going home in Aug, he was supposed to go home in Oct but because of how school works over there he's leaving earlier. Its sad because I won't be able to see him at Zone Confrences but I am happy for him too because he gets to see his family. I know I'll see him again soon though.

It has been another crazy busy week... I love it! It keeps my mind off of how much I miss you all.
I love you and pray for you all the time.
Take Care!
You son,
--
-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment