Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Family,
I'll tell you what... the rest that day when you called... was pretty hard. Okay VERY hard. It was then that I realized how easy it would be to just call you when ever I want, which is all the time. But its fine it was a mistake I just really wanted to keep talking to you. But I am fine now.

Saturday was probably the HARDEST day of my mission so far.. I kept thinking of the time I could be spending with my family and friends that day. Elder Vave and I were walking down the street and I turned to him and asked "have you ever thought of going home? I mean seriously thought about going home? I then told him about my first few weeks in the mission field and I was having a hard time... it was rough and I thought to myself.. I'll give it a year. That's long enough to do a good amount of work and to experience a mission and then I can go home. There is NO way I can do this for two years. Saturday was the day when all the started coming down on me. I wanted to go home so badly. The main reason is because I missed all of you so much and another reason was because of the monotony of missionary work.. its the same day in and day out. I wanted and needed a change. But then I thought about the Clarks and the lesson we were going to have with them that night. and all the other people who've come into my life who made huge differences and the differences that I was able to, through the Spirit, make in their lives. I can't leave.. what about those people who are still waiting for me.
The day did get better and I think I got the best birthday present I could get. We set a baptismal date with Stephen Clark. We were also at their house for about two and a half hours... we talked about the Gospel and then we just talked.. it was great... it really built their trust in us and built our friendship also. and that is a great thing. I am so excited.

I got four packages and a letter yesterday. Packages from you, Grandma and Grandpa Williams, Susan and her family, and from Seagull Book. I've gotten letters a birthday cards from Ember and Jeff, Andrea, Grandma and Grandpa Landon, Grandma Nielson. Tell everybody thank you for me. and Thanks for all the presents... We'll have to make that cake soon. I laughed when I saw the Batman plates cups and hats and stuff... thanks.
Sister Barainca did do something for me but it wasn't until Sunday afternoon because we were in Baggs all day Saturday. She even invited the Ence to come also... the Ence got me a present too... just some candy but still it was nice of them. Thank you for everything I love you.

I am really nervous about thing whole being district leader thing... I don't really want to do it, but I guess the Lord wants me to grow, whether I want to or not.

Thanks again for everything. I love you all very much and I hope I don't hear your voices until Christmas. ha ha. I miss you.
Take care


--
-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment