Monday, October 18, 2010

Short and sweet.

Hey,

I'm sorry I completely forgot to tell you last week in my letter that P-Day is going to be today this week. We've got our Zone Confrence this wednesday. The only reason its on wednesday is because we have a General authority coming. I'm sorry.. but that's okay I'm the only one that'll suffer because of it... I won't be getting a letter from you this week...at least through emailing. but I guess I'll live.

Umm... things have been busy...we've been trying to see as many of the less-active members here as possible... there are a LOT of them. But we're trying. I am doing better with not wanting to come home... but I still want to every now and again. I know the baptism Saturday will help. I completely forgot to tell you about that too... we're having a baptism Saturday..I got so excited about the Clark family that I forgot about the others we've been teaching. He's a 63 year old man who we had to get permission from the First Presidency to baptize. He's on parole but he's been coming to church for the past four months EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY... He was one of the Craig 1st ward missionaries' investigators but was then ours after the ward boundaries changed. So we didn't really teach him much we were in the phase of waiting from Salt Lake to let us know. His name is Ron Griffth. While he was in jail, which was a stupid reason he was there in the first place, his wife joined the church a year ago. Church Headquarters say an investigator that is on parole can have the opportunity to be interviewed by the Mission President if they've basically been living Temple worthy for at least two or three months.. I don't remember. So they have to be temple worthy for a time, be interviewed by the Mission President, and then be recommended by the Mission President to SLC and then they approve or reject it. The Mission President can also reject the possibility. They obviously can be baptized once they are off parole. So Ron has passed through all the ranks.. I'm very excited for him. So are a lot of people in both the 1st and the 2nd wards.

Thats all I have to say for now.. Tell everyone thanks again for all the birthday packages, cards and letters they helped a lot. I love you all and miss you.

--
-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment