Monday, May 10, 2010

Great Day!!

The semi annual phone call from Cameron was wonderful. He sounded so good and so happy. He was having dinner at the Elders Quorum Pres House, and they let him use their phone for the call. Cam said that the Duke's remind him alot of my sister, Nicole and her husband Brandon. I am going to need to send them something for a thank you. The Dukes, not Nicole, sorry Nic. He had just had a big dinner and was full and happy. He is struggling very much with his companion. His companion has been out for a full year and he is a district leader, therefore he knows all and isn't afraid to let Cameron know. One example, Cameron went to a closet and found a Gospel Principle manual and a Teachings of the Prophet manual and said, great I will use these for my personal study. E. Hendrickson said You cant they aren't approved. Cam said, But it has the churches official stamp on it.

Another time E. Hendrickson told Cameron that it says in their white bibles (the little missionary rule book they carry around) that the temperature in their bedroom can't be over 65 degrees. Cam told us, I read it through twice and nowhere does it say anything about that. He is having a tough time with this guy. He has interview with the mission president in a week and Cam said that he isn't going to say anything to the president about his companion, because he wants a change in companions. He doesn't want to stay with him any longer. He is counting down the days until transfers come up, 24 days.

They had a baptism Saturday night. His name is Billy. His wife is an active member. He is a 7 year investigator. He was finally able to quit smoking and told Cam that the thing that helped him to want to quit smoking and get baptized was when Cameron told him about how happy he is that he will get to be with his family forever and he was so happy for that. That got Billy thinking and he decided that was something he wanted also. That really made Cam feel good.

They do alot of tracting still and are finding a few people to teach, but that is always tough to do. He is learning to like tracting and is doing alot better at door approaches.

That is about it for his phone call. It was such a great mothers day for me. We had dinner with all our kids, and the phone call with Cam. Later we went over and visited with my mom, who I appreciate so very much in teaching me what I know now. In helping me to deal with the craziness of life and for sharing her strong testimony and love of the Gospel with me. I have learned alot from her. Thank you so much again, Mom! I love you.

THE GOSPEL AND FAMILY THAT IS WHAT LIFE IF ALL ABOUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment