Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Snail Mail from Cam....

We finally got a snail mail letter from Cam, after not getting anything from him for a couple weeks. Just a postal mix up some where along the line.
LaDawn

Family,

When we go up to Baggs, and stay the night there either the Branch Mission Leader or some on in the Branch Presidency sets up appointments and a dinner for us. We had dinner with Josh and Jenny Cozzens.They are a younger couple with three little boys... they are so cute. Bridger is 3 or 4 and he loves talking to the missionaries. So I talked to him for a good 30 minutes at dinner about him going on a mission and his new favorite 'Wii game' He is so cute.
When we teach small kids like that with members it makes me so excited to have my own family. I want to be a good 'daddy'! I can't wait to have little hooligans running around. I just hope I will be as good to my kids as you've been to me.
I was reading my patriarchal blessing the other day and it said the same thing about me as it does about Nephi. So I looked at 1 Nephi 1:1, "I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents" and the song Army of Helaman "we have been born as Nephi of old, to goodly parents who love the Lord" I love how that is the first thing in the Book of Mormon. Nephi is saying "Hi, my name is Nephi and my parents are AWESOME!"
I am so thankful for what you've taught me. I hope I can be like Nephi and show everyone how and what my parents have taught me through the way I live my life. And I hope and pray that my future children will, someday feel the same about me.
But Thank You , I Love You!
This past Monday (may 3) we had some good things happen. We tracted for 5 hours it wasn't bad... we ran into Tauna Ogden. She was so nice and she was excited to get a Book of Mormon and we are seeing her Monday at 1pm. She's a lunch lady too!
We also went and saw a potential investigator we ran into several weeks ago. When we first ran into her she was sick and said to come back. So we gave her a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and planned to come back.
When we went to see her she started asking us questions about the '3 heavens' and 'why we have another book'. so we showed her in the Bible where it talks about the Celestial, Terrestrial kingdoms. Then we talked about the history of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. I could tell that when she first started to talk to us she wanted to argue and prove us wrong but when I bore my testimony on the Book of Mormon and how it's brought so much happiness to both me and my family. I could tell she changed... you could see it. I LOVE when you can see them feel the spirit and it changes their ideas and thinking. Well Nievas, (that is her name) said we could come back any time next week after 4 so her kids could be there. I am so excited. I feel very good about this, but that could just be the missionary in me. I hope it all works out though. Please pray for them and the Ogden family also.
Well I need to go and knock on some doors and bring the Gospel to more of God's children.
I love you and you are in my prayers!
Your son,
Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment