Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My boy.........

Family,

Well... I just got off of a Team-up that was needed... I am glad it happened.. I went to Rangely, CO with Elder Gordon... (who's spot I took when I went into my first area in Grand Junction) Elder Farnsworth, my MTC compantion is Elder Gordan's companion
Anyways... We had a few lessons and it went really well. We helped this one family with some service and we burned one of Elder Farnsworth's ties (he said we could) because it was our six month mark... So as of yesterday I've been gone for six months... its Flown by! I can't believe how fast its gone. I'm a quarter of the way in!

We had our invterviews with President Cristison on monday.. and they were great.. Our whole Zone was there so I got to see Elder Englund again... that was great. We were at Rifle Falls... they were awesome... it was really neat I took some pictures and I'll send them some time soon.
But my interview was great... he asked alot about how my relationship with my family has grown through my mission. But then he asked me how I liked my area.. I told him I liked it. He asked if I was ready to "take the reins" and maybe become a "Senior Companion". I told him where ever and what ever the Lord needed. Then he told me he wants to see me in leadership before he leaves, which is in just over a month... so basically next transfer.. he talked a lot about "making me stretch" and how it'll help with my potential.. President Cristison is such a loving, caring, wise man. I love him. He's so great.
So basically, what I took from my interview, is I will be staying, Elder Hendrickson will be leaving, (THANK HEAVENS!!), and I will either be a district leader, senior companion, and, now this is the least possible and most unlikely, but I could be training... but I really don't think that one will happen. But its possible... I'm just excited to be staying and getting a new companion.


Our lessons have been progressing pretty well lately... except for we've had quite a few appointments cancel on us recently... its a little frustrating, especially when all of the people we see can only schedule us once a week... so when they do cancel on us its another week until we can see them.... But I guess that's life... Not much I can do to change that.

We've still making it... only a few more weeks. Then things'll be different.

Thank you for all your prayers and everything you do. I love you all very much.

--
-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment