Tuesday, January 18, 2011

2 weeks in one again.

Dear Family,

Yesterday and most of the morning today I've been pretty sick.. Yesterday I spent all of our first ward's sacrament meeting in the bathroom with stomach problems... it wasn't good and then last night I hardly slept.. and this morning I was pretty dizzy and nauseous and had headache... but now I'm better... mostly... But I had to get out of the house and come and email. I'll be better by tomorrow.

It is very hard to believe that 2011 is here. My black year is over! The black year is the year a missionary never sees home... so all of 2010 I was a missionary. I don't know why they call it a black year... and not a golden year or something. But its over what ever you want to call it.

Well, we have a Zone Confrence tomorrow and Elder Larsen and I have to give a training... I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for everything I love you all. I miss you

--
-Elder Cameron Landon



Family,
Well, another week has come and gone...
Yes, the libraries were closed yesterday and so here we are emailing now. We helped a less-active member with some service this morning.. she is turning her basement into an apartment for her son and his wife... and we helped take down two-by-fours and the nails out of them... then she took us to a Chinese Buffet... and we are all extremely FULL... I am so full... its bad.

Its actually crazy because it really just hit me this morning how long I have been out. A while back another missionary asked me how long I've been out... and I said the common answer of either "Just under a year" or "About a year" or "Just over a year" We give those answers because that way we're not thinking about how long we've really been out and can focus on the work. But he then asked when my "Mission Birthday" was.. I told him I didn't know what he meant. So I asked. Apparently, your "mission birthday" happens every month, on the day that you entered the MTC. So my "Mission Birthday" is every month on the 18th. So today is my Mission Birthday. I have been out... can you believe this! 14 Months today. That's crazy... and it isn't exactly a lie when I tell people "just over a year".
But that is crazy that I have only 10 more months! I don't know if I want to come home. 7 more Transfers isn't quite enough... Its going by so fast... I don't like it.

Things in "my world" are going alright... I am finally over being sick.. I was pretty bad last week. I didn't go out and work two days last week... and even though I was well enough to work I was still pretty nauseous all week. But I'm fine now.

We are just trying to find more people to teach..we're kinda lacking in that department... I miss teaching... there aren't enough investigators or receptive less-active members here. And tracting in an area like Highlands Ranch is REALLY ineffective. It just doesn't work.

Uhh... I am really trying to think of something else to say but I can't think of anything. I am very sorry.
I love you all very much and think of you everyday.

Your son,
--
-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment