Monday, January 31, 2011

The last couple of letters....

Jan 24
Family,

I am still here surviving.
Things have really picked back up this past week. There are 10 people with a baptismal date here in our Zone and they will all happen withing the next month. There are two baptisms coming up that I am particularly excited for. One is in the Heritage Park ward. Elder Fischer and Elder Martinez live with us and that's their ward. They have a baptism this sunday night of a family of four. They are a great family and have such a strong spirit about them. I met the father last night at a Stake Priesthood meeting. It was great.

The other is the same night but its a blind lady. Her name is Skylee. And she is in Elder Larsen's last area .. .and Elder Larsen actually tracted into her. He's very excited about that. So we get to go to two baptisms this sunday! Hopefully we can get a few of our investigators there!

We aren't tracting as much because its not as effective, especially in places like Highlands Ranch. Everyone here is "happy with where they're at" But we are mostly visiting potential investigators, former investigators, less-active members and then even active members to get refferals from them. That's the work we do day in and day out.

We, as Zone Leaders, go on splits with every district leader in the zone once a transfer, and also with the APs once a transfer. And then we go on team-ups (or splits) with other companionships who are either having a hard time being obedient, getting along, or having a hard time with the area. We did three team-ups last week. It was rough. but we made it.


I got an email from Bishop Welker. I was excited to get that. It was nice to hear from him.

Well, I'm sorry but I have to get going now but I'll talk to you soon.

I love you! and Miss you!

Your son,
--
-Elder Cameron Landon




Jan 31

Hey family!

The baptism went great last night! We had two of our investigators go! It was awesome.
That family is so strong.
One of our investigators is Catholic... and she wanted to ask the man who was baptized (Tom) about his former...
Because Tom is the other missionaries' baptism I don't know too much about him.. But it turns out he used to be Catholic. Which was great! He told her that he did everything.. went to Catholic school and didn't feel right... but when he first met the missionaries he knew that it was right because he felt it.
That is the best thing ever to hear from someone when they are baptized! I LOVE IT!
It helped out a lot.

Things have been picking back up for the week.
We are starting to teach two new people tonight and I am very excited. One is a lady who grew up in Idaho Falls.. her name is Alexa King and her dad worked at Reed's dairy for a long time. But she's been inactive for over ten years now.. her husband is not a member and she has four boys ages 7-14. She told us she promised her parents that she'd try coming back to church. She accepted home/visiting teachers and for us to come by and teach her and her kids the missionary lessons.
The other is a former investigator. Her name is Penny Wilkinson. She's in her 50's and ejoyed missionaries coming in the past and learning about the church. I'm excited to visit with her but I am also afriad I've got the feeling she'll just want to bash and argue with us. but we'll see. We've got the Relief Society President going with us.
We also have a lesson tonight with a lady who's having troubles... she used to be in the ward that the sister missionaries covered but recently moved into ours... so she's our investigator now but she's having a very hard time changing wards and missionaries. But we'll do our best...
Could you please pray for these people? I know the more people who are praying for them... the more they'll feel the truthfulness of this message and they feel Christ's love more in their lives. Would you do that, for me? I would really appreciate it.


Guess what! We are taking a train to Down Town Denver today to go to an aquairum! I am so excited! I'll send you some pictures! It'll be a blast!

Well I've got to go now.. Please take care! I love you all and miss you all so very much.

Your son, and brother,

-- Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment