Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dear Family,

It is crazy how small the world is. Like with the Jardines, and the man visiting the Redfords. There is a man in the ward here who has a cabin in Island Park and so does my new companion! so we were all talking about Island Park and how much we enjoyed being up there.

My new companion is Elder Mason Larsen from Albany, Georgia. He was in the MTC with me. In our big group that left together from the MTC there were two districts.. I was the District Leader of one and Elder Larsen was the District of the Other.
He's a good guy and we're getting along very well. And because our area is SO hard to have the work progress we are working a LOT more with the ward. We are going to visit every member on our ward lists and see them, share a message with them, build a relationship of trust with them, and then ask them for referrals. I think it'll work a lot better than what E. Ah Kiong and I did.

We did get some snow finally on the 30 of Dec. It started snowing at about 10:30 am and by about 5 that evening we had about 5 inches. So the next few days we were walking everywhere because we can't drive when the snow is sticking to the roads. But Sunday, and today and supposedly tomorrow were are are going to be pretty warm and hopefully melt all the snow.

On New Year's Eve we had to be in our homes after dinner. And a few nights before the Bishop had given us a dvd with those Mormon Messages that are on Youtube. We came home and watched those with Sister Kevan (the member we live with). She reall enjoyed that. then after that I went downstairs and went to bed at about 10:30-11 ish. I wasn't feeling too well... I was pretty sick the next morning too. I called our Mission President's wife and told her I was feeling weak, sick to my stomach, had a sore throat, and light headed and she told me there were about 20 other missionaries with the same thing. So I was able to sleep from about 10:30 that morning until about 2:30 and we were back out working at 3. I still wasn't completely better but I was well enough to work. I'm fine now.. I just have a huge cold sore right now... its pretty massive... and gross.

I like your idea on how you studied on a specific topic. I recently started the Book of Mormon over again. A member gave E. Ah Kiong pocket sizes of the Book of Mormon. So I am reading that and highlighting that. But I am reading one chapter at a time and I am not gong on to the next chapter until I find something in every chapter that I can either use as a spiritual thought or something that I can apply in my life. Its been pretty cool and a neat experience so far. I'm enjoying it. I've learned a lot, and I'm only in 1 Nephi 8.

These next two weeks have some exciting events coming up. Tomorrow we have our Zone Leader Councils in Frisco, CO. then the Temple on Wednesday Morning. and then next tues we have Zone Confrence. And President has asked Elder Larsen and I give a training on an effective way of finding people. And in Gospel Principles we were given exactly what we're going to use.
We'll train on using Less active members as a finding method... because once you activate them, they usually have non-member friends and they will want to bring their friends into the Gospel. and believe it or not there is a perfect story of that exact thing in the Book of Mormon.
In Helaman 5 verses 35 to the end of the chapter, there's a story about a guy named Aminadab. This is where the Lamanites and the Nephites are having so many battles and wars. Nephi and his brother Lehi are preaching the gospel to both the Lamanites and the Nephites because they are both wicked. And then they are thrown into prison. The prison walls come tumbling down and then a darkness comes over the people in the prison and they can't move or see or hear anything until one man does soemthing... and that's where verse 35 picks it up... you should read it ... its cool. and fits perfectly with using Less active members. I am excited.

Well, that's all I can think of at the moment.. but thank you for everything I love you all and wish you a happy new year and I'll see you soon! before the year ends! I miss you!


Your son and brother,
--
-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment