Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Easter, Family

The past week was amazing! It really made me feel like I am doing some kind of good.
When everyone talks to us and tells us that we have no idea the good work that we are doing, but I suppose us still being the natural beings that we are, are looking for the immediate gratification that we human beings strive for. But this past week has really helped me see a very small portion of the results of what I've been doing.
Part of that happened a week ago, yesterday at Stake Conference. I don't know if I told you this yet but I'll tell you again. There were two people that were brought before the congregation for sustaining to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood. One was a young man in the Grand Junction 6th Ward, and the other was Trent Hill. The man that Elder Englund and I started teaching. It was amazing to see that, and to be able to sustain him myself. It was great.
And then when I went up to Craig and Baggs this past weekend the missionaries there went with me to see some people.. that was great. But we went and saw Theresa Weeks...
As a missionary its great to get baptisms but its kind of "iffy" when you think that this person might not stay active.. so that's sad. And to be completely honest, I thought that with Theresa.. she had a really hard time trying to quit smoking, and her husband wasn't too supportive. But it turns out she's still going to church and is working in the nursery, and is talking with the Bishop about getting her Patriarchal Blessing. It was great to see her and to let her know that I am still praying for her.
And the "icing on the cake" was when I surprised the Clarks walking into the Branch Building to surprise them. I heard them say when I walked in "There he is!" It was amazing.
It really made me feel like what I am doing is worth it, and that I am accomplishing something.
A lot of people in Baggs and in Craig that I saw kept asking when I was going to move up there.. I told them I wasn't exactly sure...
I was going to email you some pictures at the baptism but I left my camera in the car up there. But I already talked to them and they are coming down on Tuesday and the McGruders will bring it to me.
It was an awesome weekend.

This past week we were able to set two more of our investigators with a baptismal date. Craig Carton, and Brian Doyle. So that's exciting and just added to the week. We're looking forward to helping them get baptized on May 21st.

So next by Next Monday we'll find out about transfers again.. we'll find out Sunday night for sure.
So that'll determine whether or not I'll know an exact time on when I call you on Mother's Day.. But I'll try and let you know as soon as possible.

I don't know much else that's been going to besides I've had the reason why I am out here reaffirmed to me. Its been the best thing I've ever done.

I love you all and miss you. Please take care, stay strong and I'll talk to you sooner than you think! Moroni 8:3
Your son and brother,

-Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment