Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We love having a missionary!!!!

Mom, Dad and the boys,

Well.. I have some exciting news... the lady I was able to baptize a little over a month ago, Theresa Weeks... now has a calling!! I am so excited for her.. She is in Primary teaching the six year olds.. She's very nervous but excited..she does very well with kids. We are going over to her house tomorrow to help her get her lesson plan ready. I know she's still learning but what better way to learn than to teach! Its going to be great for her.

Also, this saturday we are going to be in Baggs to watch confrence, and between the morning and afternoon sessions President McConahay is going to take us up on top of a mountain to take some picutres! I am so excited... almost as excited I am that General Confrence is coming up. I can't wait to hear from the Prophet and the Apostles... its a HUGE boost for missionaries... well for me atleast.

That's great that Brady is doing so well in football! Sad that he hurt another player but yes that is part of the game.. I have been "indoctrinated" into football a little more beacuse Elder Vave and Elder Plunkett both played football in high school and are football nuts... they call this 411 type number to get all the NFL and college scores and since Elder Plunkett and I have been here so long we've started to have a little Moffat County High School Pride grow in us... we've been to two of their football games... we've talked to people there about the gospel too! So that's cool and we can go as long as we're in our proselyting clothes...anyways... I've learned more about football and this week is MCHS's Homecoming....and its supposed to be a good game... I'm excited for that too.

Yeah I am very excited about the Clarks... They're great... we went this past wednesday to see them and were planning on teaching the Word of Wisdom.. but its so important to just follow the Spirit... so we ended up teaching their daughters... they are 16, 14, and 11. They also have a 3 year old boy. So I think it'd be great to baptize them as a family.... but we'll see... I would love to be here for that but Transfers are already next week... they come SO fast... I don't like it. I don't want to leave these people. Jennifer told us she was talking to her mother about her and her family seeing us and taking the lessons... and she started saying that she doesn't want me to leave because I've been here since the beginning... and she started to cry... I didn't imagine I meant that much to these people, but I hope they realize that the gospel and the spirit are more important than the missionary. At the same time I REALLY don't want to leave.
Answer time:
1. I have noticed the white feather on the envelopes... it took me about three letters to realize what it really was.. but thanks. I love having that reminder.
2. Living with members has its ups and downs... the members we live with now... its weird... and sorta annoying... they act more like our babysitters... we came home like 15 minutes late because we were in a lesson and he was sitting up waiting for us and they ALWAYS check to see if our room and bathroom is clean which it is. I know its their house but they treat us like kids... its annoying.. I LOVED living with the Ence's. They were great. But I preferred living in an apartment.. it was nice having our own place.
3. We make our own breakfast.. (cold cereal adn bagels mostly) and our own lunch (frozen tacos, burritos, sandwiches, mac n' cheese) but we have dinner with members every single night... its been great. We do our laundry at the member's house we live with.
4. We haven't done much on P-days... lately...we played soccer at the park with the kids in the wards but since school started we've just played with just us missionaries. But this weekend like I said we're going up on the mountain. I'm excited.
5.The wards here are great... they are a little different from back home... and a LOT different from back in Lewisville. People here are so willing to make ANYONE feel comfortable.. any visitors ANYONE... and I realized... people back home didn't do that as often.. its sad.

We do trade ties... I've gotten a few ties from several missionaries... and I am running low on ties.. because I can't trade ties other Elder have given me. So some ties would be nice... I'm gonna go and check some thrift stores today. Also I did find a member who is letting my pants out for me. OH! and the socks that have worn out are NOT the Missionary Mall ones... they are my white socks... I need new ones of those... By the way thanks for the idea about the tie ladder... we're gonna try that! ;)

I laughed pretty hard when I read the note at the bottom of your last letter... about the cloud paper being upside down and not to take it personally... I can see that you have been changing and that's a good thing... I am so excited to come home and just have fun with my family again. I miss that. A LOT!

Another thing I've noticed.. is ever since Ember and I have broke up I've wanted to talk to you more and more, and I've appreciated talking to you more and more. I guess I need to apologize. I wasn't the best son... I am NEVER going to let a girl ruin my relationship with the best mom and dad and family I could EVER ask for.

Like I said transfers are next week and my B-Day is two days after transfers... so if you could wait until after I find out what's happening to send it to me I'd appreciate it... I know that means I'll probably get it late but that's fine with me...

I love you all and miss you very much. You're all in my prayers daily. I love you.

Your Son,
Elder Cameron Landon

No comments:

Post a Comment